UNSW currently has 18 unique intranet sites resulting in a broken and non-scalable experience for staff.
This project aimed to support agreement on a strategy, and development of a business plan for next steps for the new university-wide intranet development and roll-out.
- A report detailing the insights, pain points, quick wins and opportunities that UNSW might use to build an intranet to help foster improved communications, support organisation-wide change initiatives, drive a more collaborative and engaged workforce and to reflect, influence and help shape UNSW culture.
- This report informed strategy for next steps in support of business case development
- The project engaged staff in the co-design process to help generate and support change.
- Light weight best practice literature review
- Existing faculty intranet reviews
- Quantitative survey for insight validation
- 10 x 1 hr interviews including usability testing of existing intranets
- Co-design workshops with professional staff from 3 campuses
Jax worked collaboratively with multiple teams across the University, facilitating user experience workshops and user testing to gain better insights on various intranets in their current state. Her co-design sessions were in-depth and helped inform the next steps in realising our intranet strategy.
– Rees Ghezzi, UNSW Project Manager